Monday, May 30, 2011

Veggie Tacos

This is a twist on my mom's traditional ground beef & potato tacos. I used a veggie substitute ground beef. I also used a soy cheddar cheese to go dairy-free. This is a great recipe and I wouldn't be posting it if it wasn't at least as good as the meat version. I love this recipe, it's so good and I didn't miss the meat one bit!

Recipe
-Heat large pan or wok over medium heat with a couple tablespoons of oil
-Dice 4-6 peeled potatoes
-Dice half of 1 white onion
-Mince a few cloves of garlic
-Toss all these items along with 1/2 package of tofu ground 'meat' into the hot pan with oil
-Sprinkle 1/2 tsp. of garlic salt and pepper over mixture in pan
-Simply stir mixture every couple minutes to keep it cooking even, covering with a lid to trap heat
-While that's cooking, chop cilantro, tomato, lettuce and avocado for topping
-Shred some soy cheddar 'cheese' for topping as well
-I also like to top my tacos with La Victoria's red taco sauce, it's great
-Cook mixture for 20 minutes until potatoes are tender, don't undercook or potatoes will be too hard
-Heat up some tortillas and spoon cooked mixture into them as top with toppings. Now just eat!
Serves about 4

No comments:

Post a Comment