Monday, June 20, 2011

Don't say I never gave you anything...

       Truth be told I have not been looking forward to writing this blog. I, like other humans can be selfish, ha! But I can no longer keep it a secret. I am revealing my famous chocolate chip cookie recipe. 
I truly started this venture in high school and just last year found the perfect combination. I started with a recipe that came out great and was simple to make. Then I slowly perfected it and combined my love for depth of flavor and texture. The thing about this cookie isn't super secret, I think I love it so much because it comes out perfect every time. Even the Toll House recipe can't do that and just a note to Toll House, you don't use enough flour in your recipe, the cookies are flat!!!!

And waiting, and waiting...


Now you have a good reason to never buy the roll of dough at the store or go to a party empty handed. I have been know to give these out for a gift and I don't hear anyone complaining. 

So now it comes down to this, I am letting go. I hope I make some of you very happy!

I could eat this right out of the bowl!


Tally's Cookies
3/4 cup packed brown sugar 
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter and 4 tablespoons softened to room temperature
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons coffee
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2-3/4 cups flour *
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips


* depending on your location you might need to use just the 2 1/2 cups of flour but if the dough looks really loose and sticky add more until is gets to a soft play dough texture.


Put sugars and butter in a bowl and mix on med until light and fluffy. Slowly add each egg, vanilla and coffee. In a separate bowl add all your dry ingredients together just not the chips, and run a whisk through it to combine all the dry ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until well blended and has a soft play dough like texture. Now add your chocolate chips and if you choose nuts or toffee bits. You will scoop tablespoon size balls of dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350. These cookies are more cakey, so they will get big and fluffy and you want them to look golden brown. Cool them down and try not to eat the whole batch too fast!!!

wrapped for a gift


That wasn't as bad as I thought!!!!! All jokes aside I want you to enjoy spending time with your family making these and devouring them before the secrets out! 

Please let me know in comments if you make them and how you think they came out. 

God Speed



No comments:

Post a Comment