Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Brother!!!!

Pin It



My Brother is officially 30!!!! I can't understand how we are getting older? I feel like we were just kids playing pillow fight and I always was the one getting hurt. Those days my brother used to take me around our track housing before there were houses and ride for hours on our bikes. 
Being kids are some on the best times I can remember with my brother. Relying on my brother to guide me to the right spot and help me if I fell off my bike.My brother always likes the best and that is something that started when we were young too, and he continually wanted the best for me too. Yeah, I was the sister who had my brother cut off my dorky chain guard on my bike and I think he might have even spray painted it for me one time. He taught me how to play Horse on the basketball court, and I must say I can still swish a basketball! 

Now as we are older we have other interest together and I love that part of him now at 30. He is still my big brother picking me up when I am down and loving me no matter what my "bike" looks like, ha! He is now my foodie partner and one of my guides to loving and following our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I love cooking for my family and if my brother and for the most part all males in my family love my cooking then I know I am here with a God given gift to comfort and receive love. So this recipe is something my foodie 30 year old brother called, "one of the best things I have ever eaten"! So Salude! Brother for surviving this crazy world for 30 years and being a loving and supportive brother form the start! Tear, mush, awe!!!



Levon’s Birthday Appetizer
1 ½ lb. cherry or grape tomatoes
¼ to ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
7 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced lengthwise
1 bunch of fresh mint leaves trimmed
1-2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. black pepper
Sliced French baguette
Goat cheese

Place tomatoes in a non-metal baking dish. Make sure the tomatoes are in a single layer in the dish and not piled on top of each other. Pour the olive oil over so they are well coated and there is a thin layer in the bottom of the dish. Toss in the mint, garlic, salt, and pepper. Bake for 45-60 minutes at 325 until the skin of the tomatoes splits but shape is still intact. Serve on top of toasted bread and goat cheese. Enjoy!
Make sure your tomatoes are fresh and if you can get heirloom ones, they have so much flavor. Spend some time on a lazy day at the farmers market snap a local red wine and bake this for dinner! 
Levon Gene Monte @ 1 yrs. old

2 comments:

  1. made me cry,, how beautiful... love your blog kiddos...
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv your blog! Gr8 writing! Aunite Sue

    ReplyDelete