Monday, September 26, 2011

Time is Precious, USE THE CROCKPOT!!!!

Well, the kids going back to school hit us hard this time. Mondays and Tuesdays I home school my 1st grader and try to help any where I can at their school. My hubby also just started paramedic school and we are moving this week!!!!!! I think I signed up for a meltdown in a years time. Oh well, as long as it waits until then I am fine. Some people might freak out about certain happenings of the household when things get chaotic, bills, sports schedule, etc. I freak out about what everyone is going to be eating and hope they all get fed well while enduring this busy schedule, myself included. So simply put I am planning ahead, I am using what is in my pantry and I am indulging in time not spent over the stove and making my crock pot do the work. So in this simple recipe it is an amazing lasagna that we raved about and the leftovers were even better. Please make this your own and add spinach or roasted veggies or even some "good" ground beef in the layers. I just kept it simple, because at this point that's how I roll! 

We scarfed the dinner so quick I spaced and didn't take a picture!


Honey I'm Home Lasagna

2 cups marinara sauce- read my spaghetti and meatballs page for recipe
1 can diced tomatoes with the juice
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
16 oz fresh ricotta, I only had cream cheese and I used that, if you are in a pinch
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
12 oz DRY lasagna noodles- not cooked and not the fast cooking ones
12 oz fresh mozzarella


Mix the ricotta, Parmesan and parsley together in a bowl. Put 1/3 of the marinara sauce on the bottom of your crock pot and a light scoop, about a third of the tomatoes. Add a layer of noodles on top and break to fit in your shape pot. Dollop a third of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles and add a layer of mozzarella. Repeat until there are at least three full layers of ricotta and sauces. Top the last layer the same but with extra mozzarella and make sure all the bare noodles are coated with everything. Turn crock pot on low and leave for about 31/2-4 hrs. 
* If you are gonna add veggies or meat just layer it on top of the ricotta mixture.

Viola! You are done for the day of dinner cooking, oh yeah!!! Go have some coffee with a friend or take your kids to the local dairy. Your free, enjoy your time!!!
God Speed





No comments:

Post a Comment